St. James Place January 19, 1934 looking north across the Pennsylvania Railroad tracks to Shadyside Hospital. The buildings in the foreground at right were part of the Jesse C. Stewart Company development. At the time of this photograph the Shadyside Hospital was still a homeopathic facility. It’s original building is at left. Straight ahead looking down St. James Place sidewalk and to the right was the newer medical and surgical wing. Image courtesy of Historic Pittsburgh, the Digital Research Library at the University of Pittsburgh.